OSU's Human Resource Information System (HRIS) data warehouse contains data extracted from Banner HRIS and reorganized to enhance accessibility. It is designed primarily for ad hoc querying and unofficial reporting by staff in the various departments at OSU.
The HRIS Data Warehouse contains the following general subject areas (current or last known status since 1/99, except as noted):
- Budget for Position Labor Distributions (two current years)
- Jobs (history, too)
- Job Labor Distributions (history, too)
- Benefits and Deductions (two current years; RESTRICTED ACCESS)
- Pay (three current years)
- Skill codes recording Employee Training
These data are refreshed nightly, except for the Pay and Benefits objects, which are refreshed each weekend, and occasionally during the week as necessary.
- Why are the dollars for pay for a specific month in the HRIS data warehouse Pay object different from the FIS data warehouse Payroll Ledger?
In addition to the HRIS DW Pay object organizing data by Calendar Year (CY) and the FIS DW Payroll Ledger organizing data by Fiscal Year (FY), they also differ because in the HRIS DW data is shown by pay period, and in the FIS DW, data is shown by fiscal period. Initially both amounts are usually the same. However, any manual checks or adjustments and redistributions will cause reconciling items. If you process an adjustment in November that corrects September's pay, in the HRIS DW Pay object the correction will show up in pay period 9 September, but in the FIS DW Payroll Ledger it will show up in fiscal period 5 November.