We work closely with OSU Surplus to follow the OSU Policy on Disposal of Data Storage Equipment . All equipment with physical storage capability (desktop and laptop computers, external hard drives, flash drives, CD/DVDs, etc.) must be sanitized by us before sending it to OSU Surplus. The sanitization process eliminates retrieval of potentially sensitive information and/or copyrighted software.
Please follow these instructions to submit a surplus request:
- Contact us to pick up the computers and/or hard drives.
- We will wipe all physical storage media and return the equipment to you with Certification of Readiness For Sale forms for each one.
- Follow normal surplus procedures from here out.
- Go to the OSU Surplus Property web page at: surplus.oregonstate.edu
- Click on the link Submit your pickup request in the SPMS System.
PLEASE NOTE: OSU Surplus Property is now using a system called "SPMS" for disposing of all OSU-owned property. If this is your first time accessing this system, please call Surplus Property at 541-737-7347 to obtain login information.
- Click on the link Full Instructions for information on how to submit the pickup request.
- When all items have been entered, print a copy for your records, and to attach to equipment.
- Place a copy of the form on the equipment and surplus will come pick everything up.
- If a surplus monitor does not sell at auction, a recycle fee may be assessed by Surplus Property.
- Off-campus customers, please make arrangements to drop off your computer equipment with us so we can sanitize it. Once the equipment has been sanitized the equipment will be picked up by surplus.
If you need to surplus non-computer equipment, please go to the OSU Surplus Property web site and follow their instructions: surplus.oregonstate.edu/.