Community Network does not push power profiles or power settings to Apple computers. It is your responsibility as an Apple user to optimize the power settings on your computer. CN is investigating solutions to centrally manage settings on Apple computers.
You can use the following instructions to change your selected power settings.
- Click on the "Apple" icon in the top left hand corner.
- Select "System Preferences."
- On the System Preferences screen, click on the "Energy Saver" icon (it looks like a compact fluorescent light bulb).
- If you have a laptop (MacBook, MacBook Pro, etc.) and would like to maximize the power savings, please utilize at least the settings below.
- Computer sleep: 30 minutes
- Display sleep: 5-10 minutes
- Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible - check
- Wake for network access - check
- Automatically reduce brightness before display goes to sleep - check
- The image below is only when the computer is plugged into a power charger. You can select "Battery" to configure the power options for when the computer utilizes battery power.
If you need further assistance, please contact CN.