MyCN web access allows users to download files from their Home Directory and Shared Department Directory.
First, use your web browser to access either your Home Directory or Shared Directory. You will be prompted to enter your user name and password.
- User Name: cn\username
- Password: *******
- Then press Enter or click OK.
This will give you a listing of the contents of the directory, similar to what you see below.
Once you connect up to your directory, you will see a screen that looks something like this. Below is the structured layout of this page.
Your current location is across the top. Just below that on the left side of the screen is the "To Parent Directory" link. Clicking on this link will take you up a directory (or folder) in the structure. Below that on the left side is the file data and time stamp of that file or folder. To the right of the file data and time stamp is <dir> or a number. This column lets you know if it is a folder or a file. <dir> will be displayed if that is a folder. If a number is displayed then it is a file. This number is the file size in kilo bytes (kb). So a file size of 1300 is approximately 1.3 Mega Bytes (MB). On the right side is the File or Folder Name. If you click on a directory then you will be taken down a directory and shown the contents of that directory. If you click on a file it will do one of two things.
- If you click on a file that your computer has a plug-in for, a plug-in is a small piece of software to open the file inside the web browser, then the file will open up inside the browser.
- You will not be able to save changes to the file on the personal space.
- You will be able to do a File - Save As and save it to the computer you are currently on.
- If you do not have a plug-in for the type of file clicked on you will see a window similar to this.
If you choose save then you can download it to the computer you are on and work on it from there. You will have to bring the modified file back into work and copy it back to your personal network space when you are done.
The easiest way to download a file is to right click on a file and choose "Save Target As", the wording may be a bit different depending on the web browser being used.
When you are finished simply close all browser windows.