The Student Computing Facilities offers disk space for instructors who wish to distribute electronic data to their students. This service is only available to classes which are taught in our computer classrooms. This service is only available for Windows users, if you are a Macinotsh class, see our Class folders for Mac service. We suggest that instructors use OSU's Blackboard system for their class disk space needs.
How to Connect:
Background: The server name is Poole located in the ONID domain. Its DNS name is poole.scf.oregonstate.edu
To connect to Poole from on campus:
- Go to the Start Menu and select Run
- Type \\poole.scf.oregonstate.edu and click OK
- Type your ONID username and password, with "onid\" in front of your username.
- Double-click on Class Folders
To connect to Poole from off campus:
You can not connect to Poole directly from off campus. Users are suggested to use the campus VPN to access this file server.
How to get a class folder on this server:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Class Name (CS123)
- Full Names of those who will be putting files in the folder (ie instructors, TAs, etc)
- Estimated removal date for the folder
For any questions about Poole, contact us at email@example.com.