Conferencing, Video Calls, Messaging, & Presence - For Free
Microsoft Lync is a cross-platform chat and presence tool that is integrated with the Exchange directory and with Outlook. Everyone at OSU with an @oregonstate.edu email address (principally faculty and staff) may opt in to this service at no additional cost.
The Mac and Windows versions of Lync let you:
- see the presence and availability of people in your Outlook contacts
- instant message
- do audio or video chat
- schedule an online conference with screen sharing
Lync clients are also available at no charge for Windows Mobile, iOS and Android, although conferencing support for these products is very limited.
With Lync, you can conference with people who use Skype and AOL, but it is not compatible with Google Hangouts.
Getting Lync & Getting Support
- Getting Lync: Please contact your IT Support contact (DCA) for information on how to install Lync on your computer and mobile devices.
- How to Use Lync: We have published Lync tutorials and setup guides at the Computer Help Documents website (ONID password required).
- Support: For in-person support, please contact your IT Support staff (DCA).