The following instructions are for OSU system users. OUS users should refer to this page.
To request access to OSU Administrative Data Systems, including Banner, Data Warehouse and Nolij, please download and complete the Request for Access form. Please note that your form will be returned, unprocessed, unless:
- All information at the top of Page 1 is complete. Be sure to verify the required fields of University ID, Org Code, and Position Number are accurate.
- The Department/Unit Authorized Signer has signed Page 2.
- The employee has signed Page 3.
Email requests for new users OR for users changing to a new department must include a completed and signed Request for Access form in PDF format.
Please remember to enroll for any of the required Banner, Data Warehouse, and FERPA classes.
Signatures / Approvals
- Department/Unit Authorized Signers: attest that the employee's job duties require the requested access.
- OSU Record Custodians: consider requests and grant access based on business need.
Where to Send Your Form
- Via Workflow, for request initiators who have Banner Workflow access, log into Workflow and select My Processes / Security Access Request. For assistance setting up the process, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and phone number.
- Via email, send forms or requests to: email@example.com
- On campus, IS Banner Access, 206 Milne Computer Center.
- Via mail, IS Banner Access, Oregon State University, Enterprise Computing Services, 206 Milne Computer Center, Corvallis, OR 97331-5202.
Access to any OSU Data System is approved and granted by the appropriate OSU record custodian of the system, or their designated representative.
- OSU faculty and staff (all systems) and OSU temporary staff (FIS and SIS systems only) are granted targeted access to the Data Systems that are required for the performance of their job duties.
- OSU temporary staff and graduate research assistants seeking HRIS data access: the hiring Department/Unit must obtain written pre-approval for access from the Assistant Vice President, Office of Human Resources prior to hiring for the position. Access is granted only when unusual circumstances exist, as departments are expected to provide back-up assistance from regular staff on duties requiring HRIS Banner, Data Warehouse, or Nolij access. Access will be considered for a limited time to returning OSU retirees if duties on the temporary assignment are similar to those performed prior to retirement.
- Student employees and Non-OSU employees may be granted limited access with approval from the appropriate OSU record custodian; their accounts will be activated with a specific expiration date. This group of employees is ineligible for any HRIS data access.