The Classroom Technologies group answer the help phones found in general purpose enhanced classrooms. You may call the Help Phone at 541-737-3806. Classrooms equipped with a Help Phone ring this number automatically.
Fall-Spring Support Hours:
Mon-Thurs, 7:45 am to 7:30 pm
Fri, 7:45 am to 5:00 pm
Training & Faculty Development
The specialists of Technology Across the Curriculum (TAC) are a crucial resource for instructors. We offer a variety of in-person consultations, workshops, webinars, and online tutorials called GEMs (Generating Educational Mastery). For more information, please visit the Faculty Development page.
Classroom Technology Design
The Classroom Technologies group can help you design a custom technology implementation in a classroom. Call them at 541-737-2121.
Enhanced Classroom FAQ
What kind of equipment is in an Enhanced Classroom?
All Enhanced Classrooms have (Touch Panel Rooms, LCD Monitor Cart Rooms & Podium Rooms)
- Apple MacPro Towers running "Bootcamp"; Apple OS X or Windows 7 operating sytem
- CD/DVD Player (Computer)
- VCR/DVD Player
- Wireless Mouse
- Laptop Capable w/Audio (Found in the Cable Cubby on the desktop)
- Wired Network access - Installed Computer
- Wireless Network - Laptop (requires ONID authorization to log on)
Can I use my own laptop in an Enhanced Classroom?
- Yes! Full sized teaching stations with touch panels have a "Cable Cubby" with a VGA and Audio Cable for your laptop (some stations equipped also with a DVI cable).
- Select "Laptop" on the Source page on the touch panel to switch the data projector to recognize your laptop. Please remember that the laptop user has to turn on the VGA output port on the laptop for the data projector to show the laptop image. Also please note that rooms equipped for DVI will require you to select DVI from the touch panel to make it work.
- Network on your laptop can only be done via the university wireless network system. This requires ONID authorization to log on.
- For more information on connecting your laptop and laptop settings see Connecting a Laptop to a Projector.