The ONID printing system allows students to print from their own computers and allows departments on campus to charge students for their printing while recouping their printing expenses. Student Computing Facilities sets up the print queue on their servers, tracks pages printed of each student, bill the user's University Account, and distributes funds back to the department.
Standard ONID printing is available from a variety of locations on campus. Charges cover ink, paper and printer maintenance costs. If you are a student looking for professional and large-format printing (e.g. for posters, a thesis, etc.) contact Student Multimedia Services.
List of available printers:
|SCF Main B/W
||laserjet 9050 Series
|SCF Main Color
|SCF Main Transparency
|Valley Library Main
|Valley Library Color
||Laserjet Color 4500
|Valley Library CLC
How to get your department's printer on the ONID printing system:
Things to consider about the ONID printing system:
- We prefer HP and Xerox laser printers for the ONID printing system. We have not had much luck with other brand's printers giving us an accurate page count.
- We charge per side printed on. Our server counts the number of times a page goes though the fuser, not how many piece of paper.
- Users must connect to the printer with their ONID account.
- The computer that is going to connect to the print queue must have the driver installed on the computer.
Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a printers on the ONID printing system:
- Your department name Contact name and phone number
- Make and Model of the printer (HP9050)
- Building and Room the printer is located in IP address of the printer (128.193.x.x)
- If Windows or Macintosh Computers will be using the queue.
- Index Number to put the $$$ into (this should be the same account used to purchase the supplies)
- Charge per page (Departments charge between 3 and 7 cents per page)