After listening to input from the university community and Central Web Services managers and commissioning an external evaluation, Lois Brooks, Vice Provost for Information Systems and Steve Clark, Vice President for University Relations and Marketing convened a Web Strategy Task Force made up of experts from within IS and from colleges and divisions. The team was asked to assess the way we deliver technology layers of the university web presence.
The Web Strategy Task Force will assess the way we deliver technology layers of the university web presence and develop a set of recommendations while focusing on the ways we can:
- Fully support university branding goals, while allowing for appropriate differentiation to support OSU's varied and diverse programmatic needs.
- Be mobile friendly supporting anywhere, anytime, any computing device.
- Support approaches that allow future flexibility and timeliness to accommodate changing technology options and standards.
- Be technologically sound, embracing modern approaches and standards.
- Improve community-based channels for implementing best practices.
Project Updates & Documents
The Web Strategy Task Force developed a Digital Platform Strategy in January/February 2015. Through the course of this work, they identified the overlap with previous work on development of a University-wide Mobile Strategy.
In March of 2015, investigations were conducted around possible mobile platform solutions and the team is looking at potential vendor solutions.
The team is also investigating a cloud hosting solution for Drupal and Wordpress.
Members of the taskforce are also staffing a search for a new Director of Web and Mobile Services role within IS to coordinate with ongoing web and mobile strategy efforts.
- Oversight: Lois Brooks and Steve Clark
- Task Force Co-Chairs: David Baker and Peg Herring
- Task Force Members: José Cedeño, Matt Hansen, Shayne Huddleston, Sara Monk, Jean Waters
Share your feedback
Complete this form to submit feedback or questions to the task force.